Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Daddy Built Us a Swing Set and We Helped!

"Our Swing Set"
By: Luke
Daddy & Uncle Aaron started work on our swing set one Saturday. Uncle Aaron was able to help Daddy build the platform for the slide and cut some of the wood. But Uncle Aaron had to go home so Daddy needed some help. John David and I were ready to give Daddy a hand. "If I had a Hammer. . ." (that's for you Grandma!) John David was quick to put the hammer to use.
It is important to keep a smile on your face at all times when you are drilling. You never know when Mommy is going to take your picture!!
Daddy gave me the task of carrying the wood to the construction site.
If you know me, you know that I have to line everything up just right. So, it wasn't unsual that I lined up all the wood in a straight line to make a "road." (Notice my new flip-flops. I am so proud of them!!)
We consulted the instructions to make sure that they were correct. :) Plus it made Mommy proud to see us reading the directions!
John David was quite the encourager. He had faith in our construction abilities!
With two of us using our drills, we got the work done in half the time.
Daddy needed Mommy's help with putting the long, heavy wood beam across the top. But other than that, I was Daddy's right hand man. We make a great team!

Finally, it was time to test our product!

I could not wait to go down the slide (It's really fast!). And John David loves his swing!

We love our swing set! Come over and play soon!

5 comments:

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Uh-oh! I can't see the fun pictures....I guess I will see it for myself this weekend! I bet it looks great!!

Aunt Ju Ju

Al and Jen said...

I am working on the photos. Hopefully, you can see them now!!

MelanieStarr said...

AAAhhh! I love it! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Al! Looks like you had lots of help, too. What fun your sons and their cousins and friends will have on that swing set!!
Love, Joyce

Scott and Joann said...

Okay- these pictures are WAY TOO CUTE! How darling to see Luke work side by side with his daddy! This is my favorite post of all time! Luke, thanks for letting us play on your swing set. Austin REALLY enjoyed sliding down that super-sonic fast slide! It's the first slide he has really liked and wanted to slide down over & over again. I was surprised he wasn't scared due to the speed... I guess he's just growing up! :) You guys did a great job building it!