Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Luke is Four (May 18, 2008)


"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear Luke. Happy Birthday to you!!"
What is it about the birthday song that makes one beam with such happiness??? Luke was so excited to celebrate his birthday. He was so delighted that there was such a special day set aside to celebrate him. And that is exactly what we did. We celebrated. We opened gifts, blew out our candles (as many times as we wanted), ate yummy birthday cake, etc. We enjoyed being together as a family.

Al and I cannot believe that it has already been 4 years since we welcomed this sweet boy into the world. I get all teary eyed just thinking about how much I love this precious gift from God. May I never forget how blessed that I am that God would choose me to be Luke's mommy. I am truly humbled and amazed at how much He has taught me through my little boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat to be treated so royally when you are only 4 years old! You can tell by the look on his face that he is enjoying himself immensely. You made me all teary-eyed just reading about you being all teary-eyed! Luke, you began my adventure of being a Grandma, and I have loved every minute.

Anonymous said...

You both made me teary-eyed by reading about you being all teary-eyed! Really enjoyed reading your blog and the beautiful pictures. What a sweet family!

Happy birthday Luke! Sorry we missed your birthday party.

Can't wait to see Lucy the sweetie. See you all in July!


Pan Ke and Sam

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

What a cake!!! Mail Aunt Ju Ju a piece!! MMMMM