Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Family Cradle

This cradle first rocked Lucy's Great-Great Grandfather Roy Green. (In case you don't know, we actually live in the house that Roy Green built for his family in the 1920s.)

Lucy enjoyed taking her naps today in this family heirloom.

Believe it or not but when I went to swaddle Lucy in her pink blanket, I somehow wrapped her up in the blanket and her name on the blanket showed perfectly. I took lots of photos of my perfect "swaddle" since I probably won't be able to do it again!! This sweet blanket was given to Lucy by her Uncle Terry & Aunt Stephanie!!

We moved the cradle to a nearby window so that Lucy could be exposed to sunlight. We noticed today that here skin and the whites of her eyes were a bit yellow. It looks like she has a touch of jaundice.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures of sweet little Lucy in the cradle! Love the blanket!!
Love, Mom

Jen said...

She is just so beautiful. I can't wait to hold her.
Love,
Mamaw/Jen/Mom

Anonymous said...

love the new pictures!
Thanks for sharing
Love, Karen

The Haley's said...

Madisyn wants to know why her name is Lucy Grace( coming from a 4 year old). She is beautiful and I liked the bow she had in her hair. I liked when I held her. She is so sweet.

Madisyn Grace Haley

Anonymous said...

She is adorable guys! Sooo sweet! Her and Addi are gonna have to meet! ~Love Alyssa