Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lucy's 3 weeks old! (April 15)

I know that Lucy is only 3 weeks old and according to how old I hope for her to someday be, it doesn't seem very old. Yet, it already seems so old!!! That might not make sense unless you are sleep deprived :). The nights sometimes can seem so long (when you wake up every two hours) yet the weeks go by so fast. Lucy has brought our family so much joy in the last three weeks. We thank God for the blessing she has already been to our family!! We love you, Lucy!!

Luke is so sweet. After three weeks, he is still in awe of the fact that we have a baby girl (I think we all are). Anyway, at least once a day, Luke comes up to Lucy and I and say with much expression and with emphasis on girl, "Mommy, we have a baby girl!!"

I haven't been brave enough to venture out during the day yet (except to my mom's house less than a mile away) as a Mommy with her three kids. I am very content being at home. In fact, the day flies by because during Lucy's 3 hour cycle (Up for 1 1/2 hours and then sleeping for 1 1/2 hours and then REPEAT), the boys and I try to do all that we can in that 1 1/2 hours that she is asleep (eat lunch, play outside, read and get down for their naps, etc.) And then I try to find time to BLOG among all the other things that really need doing but never quite get marked off the list. Oh well....I will have plenty of time to do all of that later. I am trying to soak up all of the NOW that I can!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile, Lucy!! Doesn't seem like you could already be 3 weeks old. Yes, Jen, time flies. You are so RIGHT to enjoy the now.
Love, Mom

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Wow! Has it really been 3 weeks! I just caught up on your blog and couldn't believe all the fun I have missed the last three weeks. You have had quite a full three weeks! Lucy is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! I'm glad the boys are enjoying having a sister!